STEP 4: Transition Program (post enrolment)
What activities are offered in your transition program?
The Transition Program is held across October/November/December and comprises of:
- Parent Information Evening: A 90 minute evening session for parents (1 hour presentation, 30 minutes for Q&A, if required). This session aims to support every 2022 Foundation student’s Transition to School.
- Wednesday 27th October 2021, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- Four Onsite Transition Sessions: Students are invited to participate in four onsite sessions with the 2021 Prep team. During these sessions, of approximately 1.5 hours each, children will be provided with opportunities to mix with and meet their peers, to become familiar with the classroom environment and more broadly, the school environment. Please note that students are randomly grouped for these sessions.
- Wednesday 3rd November 2021, 9:30am to 11:00am
- Wednesday 10th November 2021, 9:30am to 11:00am
- Wednesday 17th November 2021, 9:30am to 11:00am
- Wednesday 24th November 2021, 9:30am to 11:00am
- Student / Parent / Teacher Interviews, ‘Meet The 2022 Teacher’: Each family will be allocated an onsite private meeting with your child’s 2022 teacher, in their 2022 classroom. These meetings will be for 10 minutes each and we ask that families bring their Prep 2022 child along. During this meeting, your child will be introduced to their teacher as you support them to feel comfortable, and families will be asked to share helpful insights about their child with the teacher.
- Wednesday 1st December 2021
- Prep Play Date: Where children and their parents visit the Prep Playground after school to meet their 2022 peers, and play.
- Wednesday 8th December 2021, 3:45-4:30pm
All families will receive a personalised email with the details of the transition program, on Friday 8th October 2021.